Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Eating to Live: Day 1 of 6 Weeks

So, Monday was the first official day of my Six Week Plan on the Eat to Live diet. After giving it some practice, and some serious practice at that last week, I felt confident enough this week to start it off in earnest.

Breakfast was oatmeal and cinnamon made with Silk. I wonder how Lauren does hers. When I was with her last, we added Splenda. I'm getting used to the oatmeal, and I'm using less and less cinnamon, which is a good thing. Fortunately, it was piping hot, because Monday morning was pretty cold in Athens.

I brought some apples with me to work, and I left my new knives at home, seeing as how we have a working kitchen at the office.

For lunch I went to Saladworks with Jonathan, and while he had what looked like a very tasty wrap sandwich, I dined on a 'make your own' salad of spinach, zucchini, squash, carrots, mushrooms and mandarin oranges. I remember Lauren always stating that the more colorful her plate is, the more she knows that she's eating good food.

Throughout the day there were no less than 5 plates full of candy from Halloween spread all over the office, but I resisted and stuck to my apples and ice water. Well, I did have some apple juice at lunch.

After a trip to the law library to write, I headed to Kroger on Alps for some weekly groceries. I bought squash, cucumbers, raw carrots, baby carrots, grapes, tomatoes, unsalted peanuts and almonds (though normally I detest them), brown rice, more apples, oranges, pears, watermelon, bananas, spinach, a head of lettuce and more of my favorite seasoning, McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning.

So, Monday night I had a nice dinner of sliced cucumbers, baby carrots and ice water. For dessert, I had some red seedless grapes that were divine.



All in all, I feel that it was a good Day 1 on my Six Week Plan. Today after work, I'm headed to GNC to purchase some flaxseed to add to my diet as well.

Why am I doing this? I'm doing it for me and my health, and I'm doing this because Lauren suggested this for us, and she only suggests things for us that are good. Besides, as I'm realizing it's more so about a change in lifestyle as it pertains to my approach to eating. I already have a great deal of energy, and to be honest despite everything going on in my head...I slept great last night and made it to work early today. I haven't done that in a while...I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment